In order to create a safe environment for both the riders, spectators and general public the following temporary road closures and parking restrictions will be in place on Sunday 14th May 2017.
These arrangements will be controlled by Police and stewards. Access will be maintained to properties on the circuit as and when it is safe to do so.
Initial Road closures will be installed at 8am. For the race we have a number of full road closures that stay in place for the full day and the remainder of the road closures are rolling road closures that are put into effect as the race approaches.
Full Road Closures
- A57 - From A46 to Saxilby (Access to Burton Waters and Odder from Saxilby)
- Castle Square
- Longdales Road (From Ravendale to Riseholme Road)
- Motherby Lane
- The Avenue – No access from Newland. Only exiting traffic from Yarborough Road
- West Parade
- Wordsworth Street
- Yarborough Crescent
Rolling Road Closures
- Burton Road – Access from Queen Elizabeth Road only
- Fen Lane, Burton – One way in effect towards Burton Waters
- Long Leys Road – One way in effect. Access is only from A57 and exit is towards Yarborough Road
- Main Street, Burton – One way in effect towards Burton Waters
- Newport – Vehicle crossing points are installed at Church Lane to Rasen Lane and Broadway to Vere Stree
- Yarborough Road – One way in effect towards The Avenue
On rolling road closures you could be delayed by 10 minutes. As soon as the race passes and the rear police vehicle has gone past stewards will re-open the roads to allow you through.
Road Closures will be in place until 5pm.
The race route is shown on the map with a RED LINE and the additional road closures needed to make the race safe are shown with a BLUE LINE. Residents who have vehicles on the BLUE LINE will be able to leave the area at any time as long as they are not driving towards the race route.
We are working fully with the Emergency Services and access will be allowed for them at all times throughout the day.
We thank you for supporting the race and look forward to seeing you in Lincoln on the 14th May.